Dr B R Ambedkar University
Originally founded as Agra University in 1927, the University was renamed as Dr B R Ambedkar University in 1996. The University commenced its first academic session with only four disciplines, namely, Arts, Science, Commerce and Law. Envisioned to become one of the excellent hubs in education, the University continuously adopted latest and newer ideas through addition of career-oriented courses and practical training and experimental learning methodologies demanded by the industry. Presently, the University houses about 200 affiliated colleges and 15 residential Institutes located at its four distinguished residential campuses at Paliwal Park, Khandari Campus, Civil Lines Campus and Chhaleshar Campus.
Originated with only four faculties - Arts, Science, Commerce & Law, the University was gradually upgraded by addition of faculties of Medicine in 1936, Agriculture in 1938, Home Science in 1980, Basic Sciences in 1981, Fine Arts in 1982, and Management in 1994. Currently, it has developed into a residential wing with near about 17 in-campus institutes and independent teaching departments. Initially established in Agra to fulfill the higher educational needs of Agra and its nearby regions, the University caters the demands of seven districts of Agra division, namely, Agra, Aligarh, Manipuri, Hathras, Firozabad, Etah and Mathura. Besides providing higher educational degrees in various conventional and unconventional subjects, the University aims at becoming one of the knowledgeable centers for higher scientific vocational and job-oriented education and innovative research.
Keeping the view the needs of students, the University provides all basic amenities and support facilities on the campus. It facilitates the teaching-learning process through a very conducive surrounding, amidst nicely architectured buildings. Incorporated for the purpose of imparting excellent education, the University has well-marked core facilities, including central library, University model schools, residential areas, and guest house.
Erstwhile known as Agra University, Dr B R Ambedkar University was incepted on July 1, 1927. The University was founded with the sincere and timeless efforts of many esteemed educationists, such as Rev. Canon A.W. Davis, Munshi Narain Prasad Asthana, Dr L.P. Mathur, Lala Dewan Chand, Rai Bahadur Anand Swaroop and Dr Brajendra Swaroop. The University was renamed as Dr B R Ambedkar University in the year 1996.
Agra - 282 004
Phone: +91-562-2820051, 2852118, 2852136
Architecture Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Arts Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Ayurvedic Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
B Ed Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
BBA Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
BCA Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Commerce Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Dental Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Engineering Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Fine Arts Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Hotel Management Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Journalism Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Law Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
MBA Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
MCA Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Nursing Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Pharmacy Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
Science Colleges in Uttar Pradesh